We’re excited to release our 2019 Annual Report to the Community!
Our agency closed out 2019 having served over 19,000 residents of the City of Buffalo’s East Side and surrounding towns through a variety of human service programs – whether they were homeless clients or homeowners in our neighborhoods, students in local schools or senior citizens. That number alone speaks to the tremendous impact of our agency’s diverse programs and the tireless dedication of the staff who report to work here every day. We strive every day, and every year, to fulfill the simple mission of serving individuals and families in need.
Here are just SOME of our programs’ 2019 accomplishments:
- 62 Homes Weatherized – Saving residents money on their utility bills by making their homes energy efficient
- 30 Homes Repaired – Helping homeowners in Fillmore and Lovejoy Districts make health safety repairs to their homes
- 111 Homeless Clients Housed by Street Outreach – Connecting individuals living on the street with safe housing and resources to improve their quality of life
- 834 Children Served – Supporting youth development through after-school, summer, and teen workforce programming
- 120 Permanent Supportive Housing Placements – Helping homeless clients secure safe, long-term housing through MUC sites and our local landlord partners
- 995 Senior Citizens Supported – Providing elderly clients with resources to help them stay in their homes and out of assisted living
- 619 People Given Shelter – Providing homeless women and children a safe place to stay in our Hope House emergency shelter
- 10,344 Meals Served – Offering daily hot meals at our Urban Diner in partnership with Friends of Night People
Click here to see the full report.