We’re excited to release our 2019 Annual Report to the Community!
Our agency closed out 2019 having served over 19,000 residents of the City of Buffalo’s East Side and surrounding towns through a variety of human service programs – whether they were homeless clients or homeowners in our neighborhoods, students in local schools or senior citizens. That number alone speaks to the tremendous impact of our agency’s diverse programs and the tireless dedication of the staff who report to work here every day. We strive every day, and every year, to fulfill the simple mission of serving individuals and families in need.
Here are just SOME of our programs’ 2019 accomplishments:
- 62 Homes Weatherized – Saving residents money on their utility bills by making their homes energy efficient
- 30 Homes Repaired – Helping homeowners in Fillmore and Lovejoy Districts make health safety repairs to their homes
- 111 Homeless Clients Housed by Street Outreach – Connecting individuals living on the street with safe housing and resources to improve their quality of life
- 834 Children Served – Supporting youth development through after-school, summer, and teen workforce programming
- 120 Permanent Supportive Housing Placements – Helping homeless clients secure safe, long-term housing through MUC sites and our local landlord partners
- 995 Senior Citizens Supported – Providing elderly clients with resources to help them stay in their homes and out of assisted living
- 619 People Given Shelter – Providing homeless women and children a safe place to stay in our Hope House emergency shelter
- 10,344 Meals Served – Offering daily hot meals at our Urban Diner in partnership with Friends of Night People
Click here to see the full report.
We’re so excited for the fifth annual Cookies for a Cause charity cookie exchange at Resurgence Brewing Company!
This wonderful holiday event brings the community out to exchange or purchase some delicious cookies, share some holiday cheer, and support the women and children staying at our Matt Urban Hope House shelter.
The event will be held on Saturday, December 14 from 1:00-5:00 p.m.
A $10 donation gets you a mixed box of cookies to enjoy.
If you bring cookies to exchange (3 dozen minimum, a $5 donation will get you a mixed box of cookies. They will also have $5 grab bags of cookies this year if you don’t want a whole box!
All proceeds from the event will go to support our agency. Thanks to Rebecca Decker for all her hard work in organizing this event and all who generously donate cookies to this event! We hope to see you there!
Learn more about the event here: https://broadwayfillmorealive.org/2.0/2019/12/an-interview-with-rebecca-decker-on-cookies-for-a-cause-v-to-benefit-the-matt-urban-center-on-december-14th/
Join us for our final and most festive fundraiser of 2019!
The Sultans of Swig home brewers club will once again host the Santas of Swig fundraiser for the Matt Urban Hope Center on Saturday, December 7, 2019 from 1:00-4:00PM at Buffalo Iron Works. Stop by to sample some delicious locally made homebrews and cast your vote for your favorite one! There will also be basket raffles and a toy collection for children staying at the Hope House shelter.
Tickets can be purchased online or at the door. To buy online, please follow this link.
Job Description: The Emergency Shelter Supervisor will maintain a safe, supportive Trauma Informed environment within the shelter, monitor the facility to maintain safety of clients and shelter space, and assist clients with shelter routines and following all shelter procedures.
Click the link above for full listing. Please submit cover letter and resume to Christal Guthrie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re proud to share what our programs and staff have accomplished in the past year. Thanks to our funders, community partners and supporters for helping us do this work!