Our Youth Department is looking to hire multiple staff in the positions of After School Program Aide and After School Teacher.
Please see our Employment Opportunities page for job descriptions, links to the full job posting, and information on how to apply.
We’d like to say a huge thank you to Miss Joy Smith and her team from Cricket Wireless at 1105 Broadway for their incredibly generous donation of food items for our Hope Center pantry! The Cricket crew delivered a carload of groceries to our Paderewski location earlier this week. We’re so grateful to have neighboring businesses who give back to our community!
Our agency is in the early stages of a rebranding effort, and we want to hear some feedback from our clients, partners, donors, volunteers, and community supporters!
Please take a moment to answer our brief survey (only six questions) to help us better understand who we are to you and how you know our programs.
Access the survey by clicking here.
Job Description: The Executive Director will provide leadership and vision, articulate and promote the organization’s mission, develop sufficient resources for the financial health of the agency, and position the agency to meet the needs of clients and community.
Click the link above for full listing. Please submit cover letter and resume to EDSearch@urbanctr.org by September 16, 2020.
We’re excited to be kicking off the month of August by re-opening our Food Pantry at the Matt Urban Hope Center!
The pantry will re-open on Tuesday, August 4 and will be open weekly on Tuesdays from 11:30AM to 3:30PM.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, pantry clients will be served outside in front of the main entrance at 385 Paderewski. Clients will be asked to provide their name, address and phone number. Bags will be pre-packed, so client choice of some items may be limited.
Please contact Cherise Carson, Hope Center Coordinator, at 716-893-7222 x329 for more information.
Job Description: The Asset Management AmeriCorps Service Member will work with housing staff to alleviate the pressure caused by COVID. Safe and affordable housing is more important than ever and the service member’s role in assisting with property management and asset management activities is essential as the Housing & Community development Department and the Matt Urban Center continue their essential work for the community.
Click the link above for full listing. Please submit cover letter and resume to Maya Shermer, Housing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re excited to release our 2019 Annual Report to the Community!
Our agency closed out 2019 having served over 19,000 residents of the City of Buffalo’s East Side and surrounding towns through a variety of human service programs – whether they were homeless clients or homeowners in our neighborhoods, students in local schools or senior citizens. That number alone speaks to the tremendous impact of our agency’s diverse programs and the tireless dedication of the staff who report to work here every day. We strive every day, and every year, to fulfill the simple mission of serving individuals and families in need.
Here are just SOME of our programs’ 2019 accomplishments:
- 62 Homes Weatherized – Saving residents money on their utility bills by making their homes energy efficient
- 30 Homes Repaired – Helping homeowners in Fillmore and Lovejoy Districts make health safety repairs to their homes
- 111 Homeless Clients Housed by Street Outreach – Connecting individuals living on the street with safe housing and resources to improve their quality of life
- 834 Children Served – Supporting youth development through after-school, summer, and teen workforce programming
- 120 Permanent Supportive Housing Placements – Helping homeless clients secure safe, long-term housing through MUC sites and our local landlord partners
- 995 Senior Citizens Supported – Providing elderly clients with resources to help them stay in their homes and out of assisted living
- 619 People Given Shelter – Providing homeless women and children a safe place to stay in our Hope House emergency shelter
- 10,344 Meals Served – Offering daily hot meals at our Urban Diner in partnership with Friends of Night People
Click here to see the full report.