The Mill at Crossroads is a 78 unit affordable rental housing complex located at 19 Doat Street in Buffalo’s Genesee / Moselle Neighborhood. This historic renovation project by Regan Development features modern 1, 2, and 3-bedroom apartments in a former warehouse space, with free on-site parking and laundry facilities.
Of those 78 units, 21 apartments have been designated for households with at least one person who meets the State of New York and Federal definition of homeless or homeless family. Of those 21 apartments, 15 will have a preference for survivors of domestic violence.
Tenants in these designated units will have the support of the Matt Urban Center’s Permanent Supportive Housing team, including access to case managers working on-site and a broad array of support services including:
- Assistance and education around activities of daily living
- Life skills training
- Exercise programming
- Job readiness programming
- Financial literacy and planning
- Budget management education
- Linkage with needed physical and mental health
- Linkage to Department of Social Services and other legal, medical and community services as needed
- Linkage to nutrition workshops and programming
- Health screenings
- Assistance with transportation
- Linkage of children to schools and/or daycare
- Linkage and advocacy to access and receive needed support services from other community agencies
- Enrollment in English classes
In order to qualify for placement in these supportive units, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Qualify for the Office of Temporary & Disability Assistance (OTDA) definition of homeless individual or family
- Have basic living skills necessary to be able to live in the community and maintain a safe/sanitary dwelling
- Meet general income requirements by household size as defined by NYC HCR, as follows:
|Household Size||Income Limit|
To confirm eligibility for one of the supportive units, submit the two-page application to crossroadsMUC@urbanctr.org.