The Matt Urban Center Weatherization Program provides services to income eligible renters and home owners in the East Side of Buffalo. A household whose income is less than 60% of the State median income guideline is eligible for weatherization services. A household that has at least one member who receives public assistance, food stamps, or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), is considered categorically eligible for service. Participation in this program does not affect any benefits, income or ownership rights. Click here for income guidelines.
- Services help reduce the amount of energy required to heat homes and provide hot water
- Weatherization also helps save energy dollars, increase home comfort, reduce dependence on foreign oil, preserve our housing stock, provide jobs and job training, revitalize neighborhoods, and provide safe affordable housing
- Services include an energy audit using blower door technology to determine infiltration levels and energy leaks, plus diagnostic testing of fuel burning devices to help insure the health and safety of the clients residence
- A work scope is developed to determine the home’s needs. Weatherization helps reduce energy consumption and make homes more energy efficient. When you home has been weatherized, you will be much more comfortable knowing your home is safe and energy efficient. Once weatherization work is completed, a post weatherization inspection is conducted to insure effectiveness, efficiency and quality control
- All services are provided free of charge to income eligible clients. However, owners of rental units may be required to contribute an owner investment toward the cost of the services rendered
This program is funded by the U.S. Department of Energy through the New York State Homes and Community Renewal. Additional funds are procured through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
For additional information call 716.893.7222 ext. 218