Hope Works provides low barrier and practical job experience, training, and employment services to help individuals currently or previously experiencing homelessness develop skills needed to improve their quality of life and gain stable employment.
Through this job training program, individuals work a minimum of 9 hours per week and receive a small monthly stipend for their labor. They can be in the program for a period of 6-18 months. While in the program they learn marketable skills that will assist them find employment in the private sector.
The Hope Works Approach
The program takes an employment first approach, in that we feel anyone and everyone is capable of pursuing employment and meaningfully contributing to their community, regardless of their past experiences and present struggles.
- cenforce 100 mg australia Transitional Jobs Model:
A practical workforce strategy that uses time-limited, opportunities that combine real work, skill development, and supportive services, to transition participants successfully into the labor market.
Who Does Hope Works Serve?
Hope Works is currently aims to serve those in Matt Urban’s homeless services programs that are facing multiple barriers to accessing other external employment programs.
PSH participant- refers to clients in of one of Matt Urban Hope Services PSH programs (Hope Gardens and Housing 1st)
RRH participant- an individual enrolled in one of Matt Urban Hope Services RRH programs (Outreach BRAP or Hope House CoC)
Hope Workshop Pathways
- Maintenance/Janitorial: cleaning and repair work, landscaping
- Food Service: cleaning, customer service, light food prep at Urban Diner
- Retail/Donation Organization: organizing donations, clothing boutique services
- Homeless Outreach: human services track; engage street homeless
How Can You Help??
- Consider partnering with Matt Urban to provide potential employment opportunities for participants in the Hope Works program
- Volunteer your time and expertise to the Hope Works program: this could involve mentoring, providing job shadowing opportunities for participants, or assisting in other ways
- Donate to the program: donations help fund multiple facets of the program that are not otherwise covered by grants and other funding sources
For more information, please call us at 716-893-7222 x306