The Matt Urban Center has funding from the City of Buffalo, New York State Housing and Community Renewal, and the Affordable Housing Corporation to provide low income homeowners with funding to help them repair their homes and make them more energy efficient. Please call at 893-7222 x 214 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CITY OF BUFFALO HOUSING REPAIR
GENERAL APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS
You may be disqualified for assistance at any point in the application process for the below reasons:
1) Your home’s taxes and fees (City taxes; County taxes; Water bill; User fees, etc.) must be fully paid or in a payment arrangement throughout the ENTIRE application and assistance process.
2) You must have owned and lived in your home for at least one year.
3) You cannot own more than one home or property.
4) Your home must be in generally good condition.
5) Your home cannot have more than ONE emergency condition (sewer line break, main water line break, leaking roof, electrical hazards at main panel, defective heating system, defective hot water heater, gas line break.)
6) You and your spouse (if married) must have clear title or ownership of the home. You may be disqualified if your home lists multiple owners who do not reside in the house.
Checklist of items needed for an application: