Join us next Wednesday, November 25 for a grab-and-go Thanksgiving Feast prepared by our Hope Center chef, Chris! Meals are free to the community and can be picked up from 2-5pm outside 385 Paderewski Drive. Masks are mandatory and social distancing measures will be in place. One member of a household can come pick up on behalf of your family.
Happy Thanksgiving to our community!
We’re excited to release our 2019 Annual Report to the Community!
Our agency closed out 2019 having served over 19,000 residents of the City of Buffalo’s East Side and surrounding towns through a variety of human service programs – whether they were homeless clients or homeowners in our neighborhoods, students in local schools or senior citizens. That number alone speaks to the tremendous impact of our agency’s diverse programs and the tireless dedication of the staff who report to work here every day. We strive every day, and every year, to fulfill the simple mission of serving individuals and families in need.
Here are just SOME of our programs’ 2019 accomplishments:
- 62 Homes Weatherized – Saving residents money on their utility bills by making their homes energy efficient
- 30 Homes Repaired – Helping homeowners in Fillmore and Lovejoy Districts make health safety repairs to their homes
- 111 Homeless Clients Housed by Street Outreach – Connecting individuals living on the street with safe housing and resources to improve their quality of life
- 834 Children Served – Supporting youth development through after-school, summer, and teen workforce programming
- 120 Permanent Supportive Housing Placements – Helping homeless clients secure safe, long-term housing through MUC sites and our local landlord partners
- 995 Senior Citizens Supported – Providing elderly clients with resources to help them stay in their homes and out of assisted living
- 619 People Given Shelter – Providing homeless women and children a safe place to stay in our Hope House emergency shelter
- 10,344 Meals Served – Offering daily hot meals at our Urban Diner in partnership with Friends of Night People
Click here to see the full report.
The Matt Urban Hope Center will host a Black History Month celebration event, featuring a cultural meal and a presentation with facts about famous African American men and women and their accomplishments. The event will take place on Thursday, February 20 from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the Urban Diner at 385 Paderewski Drive. For more information, contact Cherise Carson at (716) 893-7222 x329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those in need of some holiday cheer, stop by the Matt Urban Hope Center at 385 Paderewski Drive on Monday, December 23 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. for our Community Holiday Dinner! We’ll have a lasagna dinner and sugar cookie decorating for children and families. The event is free to attend and all are welcome!
Interested in volunteering at this event? Visit our online sign up for a list of available volunteer slots: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4faea92da1f49-hope
Contact Cherise Carson at (716) 893-7222 x329 or email@example.com for more information.
The Matt Urban Hope Center will host a Community Thanksgiving Dinner on Wednesday, November 27 from 3:00-6:00PM at our Urban Diner, located at 385 Paderewski Drive. The meal is free and all are welcome to attend.
We are currently seeking volunteers to help serve the meal on Wednesday, November 27th, from 2:00-7:00PM. You can sign up to volunteer using the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4faea92da1f49-community
For more information or to donate, please contact Cherise Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 893-7222 x329.
We had a great time meeting with our new chef friends from The Black Sheep, Amy’s Place, and Swan Street Diner to give them a tour of our project at School 57, including the space where our Urban Diner and commercial kitchen will be. They helped us brainstorm how we could develop our Hope Works job training program to better utilize this amazing space. We’re looking forward to an awesome partnership with these fine folks as we build out the kitchen and develop future programming!
The Hope Center will operating at different hours the week of Monday 2/5/18. Services and Diner schedule: